Monday, February 23, 2015

What I'm Eating

I started week 2!  I'm actually quite proud of myself. I have been consistent and not even suffering for it!  Whenever I've done a "diet" in the past, I always felt like I was Suffering with a capital S. This has been much easier and I actually feel better than before. Go figure!
I think that's because of the combination of clean eating, strength training (no cardio yet) and taking my vitamins (need that B12). It seems to be working for me. 
Another BIG part of my success so far -if you can call 8 days success- is meal prep once a week. Yesterday I made all my breakfasts, snacks, and lunches for the week. 
Breakfast is 2 egg white muffins with spinach and chickpeas.  I got the recipe from the blog, Made with Love.  She also does them with tomatoes, but I haven't tried that yet.  I mixed 1 1/2 cups of liquid egg whites, a handful of chopped spinach and 1/2 can of chick peas and poured that mixture into a muffin pan.  Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and then bake for 20 minutes on 350.
Morning snack is 2 homemade chocolate protein bars.  This recipe is from Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer website.  They're pretty good.  I'd like to try the peanut butter protein bar recipe next week.  I LOVE peanut butter.
Lunch is chicken breast, sweet potato and broccoli.  This was probably the easiest to make because I found the steamable bag of sweet potatoes in the produce section at the grocery store.  8 minutes in the microwave!  The broccoli was in a steamable bag and the chicken breast was baked in the oven for 30 minutes with a half a bottle of italian dressing.  Then I just divided it up into four individual ziploc containers and popped it in the fridge.
Afternoon snack is turkey meatballs. They are really yummy!  This recipe is also from Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer website.  They look a little nasty, but they are just the thing in the afternoon when I am craving something sweet.  These fill me up and I can make it until dinner.

Dinner is a little different and I hope that I can remain on track.  It's hard to eat this way when the rest of the family is eating their regular food.  My plan is to make what I can eat for the main dish, and then add in something for them.  So tonight we are having chili that I put in the crock pot this morning, and then I also made corn bread so that I won't have a mutiny on my hands.

The workout today was for Chest and Triceps.  My arms are really sore.  I hung up one of our winter coats and it felt like there were bricks in the pockets.  Oy!

THE WORKOUT

Chest/Triceps

2 days until I weigh in!  I'm hoping for 2 pounds.  Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment