Thursday, February 19, 2015

Is it possible?

I have been taking a bunch of selfies today. I had been reading another blogger lament over her lack of "before" photos. So I took a few today. As I looked at this one I thought, "huh. Is it possible that I'm not as fat as I think I am?"

I mean, I have a wide rear, but the legs are pretty good. 
I think a lot of women have a negative self image. We think that we aren't skinny enough, or pretty enough or just generally not enough. Maybe it's time we started thinking I AM ENOUGH. Then if we start living each day from a place of enough, we can spend our time doing what we were put here to do. We can spend more time thinking about helping others or enjoying Gods creation. I waste so much time fretting over silly things. 
Like wearing a tank top to the gym. I don't wear tank tops to the gym because I think my arms are too big. 

That's me this morning trying to casually snap a selfie.  I'm glad that I wore my tank top so that I can compare my arms to this pic after a few weeks, but the funny thing is that I have capris on under those pants but was too embarrassed of my big rear end to take off my long pants. 
I'm going to continue this journey for myself and my daughter.  I want to be a good role model for her.
  Speaking of journeys, I am LOVING Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer.  The workouts leave me with pleasantly sore muscles and I get to eat often.  It's free and she is such a positive, encouraging person.

Workout Day 2
Back/Biceps

 Tomorrow is Flex Friday!
Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. 
Proverbs 4:23

1 comment:

  1. YOU are amazing! Beautiful! a creation of GOD. (Can't top that)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete