Monday, April 13, 2015

Goals for the Week

My workouts have completely ground to a halt.  In the past few weeks I have strained my neck and my back twice.  I've gained some weight back because of this, but maybe in the end it will be a good thing- this is forcing me to focus more on my nutrition.
Last week's goals:

1..  Read Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer.  Awesome book!  I highly recommend it.  I have started Living Beyond Your Feelings, but I'm not finished yet.

2.  Study the Bible 30 minutes each day.  I missed one day and I could really tell.  I ended up having a crummy day.

3.  Workout at least 5 times.  Nope.

4.  Improving my nutrition.   I'm doing a MUCH better job drinking A LOT of water.  As in, 11 cups a day!  I have read in a few places that you should take your weight, divide it in half and drink that many ounces of water a day.  Don't worry though- there's an app for that!  I'm using the app "WAter"  such a creative name.  But I like using it to keep track of how much water I've had.  Plus you get an award for reaching your goal!    

5.  Plan a family photo shoot.  Still working on this one.  

6.  Take Bunny to visit the college she will be going to in the fall!!   What a great time!  I want to go to college again!  The art department had literally everything an artist could ever want.  

7. Enjoy vacation!!  done and done!

8.Health focus:  Each month, I'm going to focus on one aspect of good health.  This month the focus is "Getting God's Help."  This idea comes from the book Good Health, Good Life.  
        I will start each morning studying God's word and saying a positive affirmation, reminding me of his love for me.  I will also strive to pray throughout the day and remember to ask for help when faced with temptation.

This week I'm going to continue on the above and add in:

1.  Finish Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Meyer and Read What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa Terkeurst.

2.  Study the Bible 30 minutes a day.

3.  Go for a walk at least 5 times.

4.  Improve my nutrition by continuing to say my positive affirmation each morning, drink 11 cups of water AND track everything that I eat into My Fitness Pal app.  I have a bad habit of only tracking the healthy food and then not entering in what I had for dinner and dessert.  No More!  Time to face the truth.  For this week, it's okay if I go over my calorie goal for the day.  My most important goal is that I enter in EVERYTHING that I eat.   

5.  Finish report cards.  Waaaa.  Not my favorite thing to do.  In fact, it's probably the thing I like the least about my job.  But I know the value of parental support, and so I do it.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things
there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

1 comment:

  1. a big hug and kiss for you!
    I love your posts.
    But mostly I love YOU.
    xo

    ReplyDelete